When my friends and I get together for a fun girls night in, we love to start the night with cocktails. In fact, back in the day, we used to get out my great grandma’s old punch bowl and do what we liked to call “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Punch Bowl”. Each person would get to take the punch bowl to their house and come up with a fun punch bowl recipe. It made for some pretty interesting celebrations let me tell ya!
The punch bowl has since been retired, but we still love starting our nights off with a cocktail. The problem always seems to be how do we make this cocktail fun and different (aka not a margarita!).
Enter the Mexican Mule made with Barritt’s Ginger Beer!
This cocktail involves our girls night in favorite ingredient: TEQUILA! It’s our go-to spirit so we were excited when we found out it was the secret ingredient in this recipe.
To make the most delicious Mexican Mule this side of the Mississippi, you will need:
- Barritt’s Ginger Beer – comes in diet too!
- Moscow Mule cups or mason jars if you want to be extra cute!
- Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- Pour 2 oz. tequila (about a shot and a half) into the glass along with 1 oz. lime juice and 4 oz. of Barritt’s Ginger Beer.
- Add jalapeno for heat. You can also leave this out, but I can’t handle a lot of heat and this added some nice spice for me.
- Stir it all up!
- Garnish with a lime and drink up!
The Barritt’s Ginger Beer really cuts the tequila well. One of my friends even said she couldn’t tell there was alcohol in it! That’s a good thing because no one wants to be wincing after every sip, but also a warning to not add too much tequila!
You can look up where to buy Barritt’s using their website, but it can for sure be found at Target and Mariano’s (and even 7-11!).
We only tried the Mexican Mule last night, but Barritt’s also has great ideas for other types of cocktails like an Irish Mule or a Pimm’s Cup, so definitely check out their recipe section too!